Monday, November 1, 2010

OSWOA - SOLD

What is an OSWOA?
OSWOA stands for Original Small Work Of Art.

OSWOAs always measure 4 x 6 inches and are thin enough to fit in a standard photo album (hence NOT on canvas). I guess the idea is to have them fit in an album to be collected like postcards - or fit in a standard frame like a photograph. They don't seem to have taken off as a movement like ACEOs, but I though it still would be fun to try some out!

I have some #140 cold-pressed watercolor paper I really wanted to work with. I am painting fairly realistic paintings of objects, based on the idea of "relationships". I am building up the paint on the objects through many thin layers, but around the objects and shadows I am leaving the watercolor paper bare. It is a challenging way to work with acrylics! No painting over to correct mistakes. But I am liking the effect.

Here is the first one:

"Pleased to Meet You"
Relationships Series
6 x 4"
acrylic on #140 watercolor paper
SOLD

2 comments:

Erin said...

Very cool idea. And I just love the texture an detail in this painting! Great job!

Elizabeth said...

What a lovely little painting. And the theme of your OSWOA is also lovely. What else do humans really have but relationships? make them work, people!

Post a Comment