Thursday, December 30, 2010

Writing Goals for the New Year

Is everybody making their art or business goals for 2011?

I have been working on it!

I went back and looked at my goals for 2010. At the end of last year, I had read an article about making goals. It mentioned making really specific goals (with an idea of how to get there) - like not just "making more money", but naming a specific number and saying how you plan to get there (specific marketing plans, etc.). At the end of last year, I was just starting to paint again after a hiatus of more than 10 years. I set a bunch of very specific goals - none of them were outrageous - in general they were pretty conservative, but still some of them involved things a little outside of my comfort zone.

Now that I have had a chance to go back and look, I am very pleased to report that I achieved every single one of them! 2010 was a big year for me.....getting back into making art on a regular basis, setting up shops, websites, blogs, etc on the internet and starting to learn how to promote myself. I am proud of what I have accomplished so far!

For 2011? I am setting goals that are still very specific but a little more aggressive. I am hoping to push myself a bit farther this year. I hope 2011 is a big year of growth for me - both as an artist and as a promoter of my own work. I will share some of my goals in future posts.

Is anyone else making their plans for the new year??

No comments:

Post a Comment