Tuesday, February 1, 2011

In the Heart 6x6 Original Painting

Finished this rose today - unfortunately, the scan isn't coming out so great - it isn't quite showing the depth of the colors or enough contrast. I will have to try to take some pictures when the outside light is better.

Anyways, last year I had a rose bush that was a few years old. I am not good at taking care of rose bushes and this one was slowly dying. There were a few blooms in June, but the bush was looking pretty sad. Out of nowhere, on a cold cloudy day in October, came this amazing perfect rose on the almost dead bush. I kept going out to look at it - it looked so perfect it did not seem real. And a rose in October? Anyways, I kept trying to take pictures of it, and I could not get the right exposure on my camera. No matter what I did, the background always looked white and cloudy and overexposed. And the rose just looked totally surreal. When I downloaded the pictures to my computer, I kept noticing how much the very center of the flower looked like a real heart. This was the inspiration for this painting.




In the Heart
6x6 inches
acrylic on canvas

This painting will be available at the Barn Treasures Art and Antique Show February 11-13, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment