Saturday, February 5, 2011

On My Own - Original Acrylic Painting

Finished this little one Thursday night. It wasn't exactly as planned - I had seen it in my head as the flower being a little farther down and to the left, and the shadow being bigger and more onimous. But it didn't want to go that way! I may give it another shot at a later date, but there is still something I like about this one.....

I also discovered how wonderful spray varnish is when you are working with as smooth a surface as gessobord. I have always used a brush-on varnish and have really been struggling with varnishing these pieces on gessobord. Gessobord is such a smooth surface, it is hard to get a smooth finish without brush marks. I decided to break down and buy a can of spray varnish, and wow - what a difference!

"On My Own"
4x4 inches
acrylic on gessobord
This will soon be available in both my Etsy and Artfire shops.

No comments:

Post a Comment