Monday, January 9, 2012

Sun Dance Series - #4

Sun Dance Series - #4
Summer Sun
5x5 inches
acrylic on canvas
available here

Okay...this is the last one for the sunflowers for right now. I still want to do one more, but it will have to wait until I am done doing pieces for the upcoming show, plus a little commission I need to complete.

I wanted to do this one facing full up into the sun, soaking in the sun of summer. Definitely a contrast to the cold days of winter we are having now! Tomorrow I will touch up all the edges and take a picture of the four sunflowers together before I start varnishing.

3 comments:

Sonya Johnson said...

You know, I thought for sure I'd left a comment about these sunflower paintings you've been doing, but I guess not!

Anyway, I'm really enjoying them. I love sunflowers, and these paintings are so fun and a nice reminder of summer.

Melinda said...

I think this one is my most favorite, it really does look like it's drinking up the sun. Lovely. :)

Magic Love Crow said...

I can't wait to see them all together!!!

Post a Comment