Thursday, June 13, 2013

Meeting House - ACEO Original Acrylic Painting of New England Church, Cityscape Landscape SOLD

Meeting House
3-1/2 x 2-1/2 inches
acrylic on watercolor paper
SOLD

This little painting is of the church (Congregational, I believe) that stands on the town common in Topsfield, Massachusetts. It sold Saturday at the Strawberry Festival.

Besides the fact that I enjoy doing these little local scenes because I enjoy the old buildings and the architecture, I also really enjoy people's reactions to them. I get to hear so many personal stories of these places when I am at shows, or even when I stop by one of the local places where I have work on display. This weekend I got to hear quite a bit of town history, and also people's personal history about these places - it was really interesting - and a lot of fun!

I have one more of these paintings that I finished for the show on Saturday - and then I hope to start posting some of the commissions I am currently working on......

1 comment:

Magic Love Crow said...

congrats on the sale!! Beautiful painting ;o)

Post a Comment