Monday, April 28, 2014

Three of a Kind - Small Still Life Painting Kitchen Art tomatoes

Three of a Kind
6 x 6 inches
acrylic on gessobord panel

Yes, I've been quiet for the last few days. We went away for a long family weekend. I do have a bunch of paintings done that I had hoped to schedule posts for while I was away, but I didn't get a chance to get that done, so now this week I will play catch up!

We spent the weekend hiking in the Delaware Water Gap and then visiting Gettysburg. We could have spent a lot more time in both places! I took a bunch of photos, but not nearly as many as I should have.

This little still life is similar to a composition I have visited before. I find that sometimes I will re-visit a set up I have used previously - sometimes changing the size or the way I approach it, sometimes just seeing  how I change things when I do it again. It is always interesting to me to see what I have learned and what has changed in my work - and is especially obvious when using a composition I have used before.

This painting is available at Positive Images Gallery in Haverhill, Massachusetts.

1 comment:

Magic Love Crow said...

Hope you had a great time with your family ;o) Love your tomatoes ;o)

Post a Comment