Sunday, June 1, 2014

Commissioned House Portrait - Custom Acrylic Painting by Debbie Shirley

Commission
12 x 16 inches
acrylic on 1-1/2" canvas
SOLD

Eek! It has been more than a week since I have posted!
I have been painting a lot - working on a few different projects at once - and haven't had much time for posting. However, I did finish the painting above and wanted to post about it.

This painting was a commission for a family who wanted a special gift for their mother's birthday. This house was the home she grew up in, and all the family members have wonderful memories about it, a few of which they shared with me during the process of creating the painting. These type of stories help make the work - and the entire experience - really special. I love having that kind of connection with my clients and I hope they feel that connection in the final work. The family was pleased with the outcome and are excited about having the painting framed.

Are you interested in having a custom piece created just for you? Please contact me!

1 comment:

Magic Love Crow said...

Debbie, this painting will be cherished and passed on through generations! It is stunning!

Post a Comment