Monday, June 30, 2014

Little Gems - Small Still Life Painting Kitchen Art and New Gallery

Little Gems
4 x 4  inches
acrylic on cradled panel

A couple of little pieces of "kitchen art" over the next few days. I enjoy painting these little guys - playing with composition and color in a format that lets me finish them up quickly. These wood panels are nice, too. They have a 3/4" cradle, so they can hang nicely on the wall without a frame, but can also sit on a shelf, too. I buy them online from either Cheap Joes or DickBlick depending on the size.

My customers seem to like them, too! They seem to sell quickly at most of the gift shops where I have work. I hope they will sell well at fall shows, too. I may even try to get them into a few more shops, who knows?!

Speaking of shops, I have work going into a new gallery this week. It is a wonderfully quirky little place in Ipswich, Massachusetts called Zenobia. Lots of local work, fun and  unusual gift items and wonderful art. I'm excited to be showing there! Be sure to check it out if you are on the North Shore....

1 comment:

Magic Love Crow said...

Congrats on going into a new gallery ;o) I love your tomato paintings ;o) I can see why they sell so fast ;o)

Post a Comment