Friday, October 3, 2014

Summer Ripe - Acrylic Mini Painting, Colorful Kitchen Art

Summer Ripe
3 x 3 inches
acrylic on MDF panel

Tomatoes....stripes....how could it go wrong?! I like using these little pieces to experiment a little with  layout and color and pattern. I seem to be having a thing for the stripes lately. Maybe I need to make a stop to shop for some new background patterns soon! Keep in mind that I will be asking you to vote for two favorites later this month.

I've been working on a number of other pieces lately, too, lots of shows to try to enter this time of year. The piece below - "Owl Cigar" was in Newburyport Art Association's "In & Around  Newburyport" exhibition. I was very pleased to find out that it won the "Viewers Choice Award"!


Owl Cigar
14 x 11
acrylic on 1-1/2" canvas

1 comment:

Magic Love Crow said...

I like your backgrounds with your vegetables and fruit ;o) They are cool and retro! ;o) Congrats on the award ;o) Excellent painting ;o)

Post a Comment