Saturday, January 17, 2015

Pat's Diner - Small Acrylic Painting of a Vintage Diner

"Wish You Were Here"
Pat's Diner
Salisbury, Massachusetts
6 x 4 inches, acrylic on watercolor paper

More than 1/3 of the way through my Fun-A-Day Project and also the 30 Day Painting Challenge.

I am starting to feel a need to get out there and take as many pictures of these old places and signs as quickly as I can and paint them all....it seems like everyday I hear of another place that I have painted has closed. Pat's is still open as far as I know, but almost half of the ones I have painted so far this year are no longer in business....

While I am often drawn by the neon, the old-time signs, the dated architecture, I love how other people are connected to many of these places by their memories - I hear some really wonderful stories from people who recognize places in my work - thank you for sharing with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment