Sunday, February 7, 2016

Fowles - Small Acrylic Painting of a Landmark Newburyport Neon Sign

Fowles
(Newburyport, Mass.)
7 x 5 inches
acrylic on cradled panel
available at Zenobia Gallery

Oh the craziness!

Been super busy - some commissioned work, some exhibition work, and then work on the Haverhill Art Market. And, oh yeah, work for all my local shops and galleries who all seemed to sell out over the holidays!

So, I had to temporarily put my Fun-a-Day project on hold. You will still see pieces from it as I try to finish it up - it has been too much fun to give it up entirely! And it is giving me ideas for some of the larger pieces I have coming up....

Anyhow, "Fowles" is one of the mini sign paintings that I do for local shops. the sign is a landmark in Newburyport - one of my favorites to paint. Yes, I paint some of these signs and buildings over again many times. I usually change cropping, proportions, sizes, use of color and shadow, etc. It helps give me ideas for bigger paintings, and it also makes these smaller pieces available to more people at reasonable prices. I am always on the lookout for new signs to paint, but people keep requesting some of the old ones, so I keep painting those, too. I do many of these as custom pieces as well - feel free to contact me if you are interested in more information!

1 comment:

Magic Love Crow said...

Congrats on the sales and keeping busy! Love this one!

Post a Comment