Saturday, July 14, 2012

Authorized Parking Only - Painting of Building Architecture

Authorized Parking Only
10 x 8 inches
acrylic on canvas

This is an old, largely empty building in Haverhill, MA. It wasn't quite the direction I had planned on going with it when I started, but it kinda took on a life of its own! I like working with old buildings, the more run down, the better. This one was a little plain, but I liked some of the shapes and angles, so I thought I'd give it a try.

Because of some upcoming projects, there are going to be some more building paintings in the near future. I did a little walking around Haverhill today - some really great buildings to work with. Now I need to go back with my sketchbook and camera  ;-)

This painting will be at a new show at the Sage Gallery in Haverhill.More info to come.......

2 comments:

Sonya Johnson said...

I admire your patience to paint in all those bricks - they look great!

I have actually been to Haverhill (well, the train stop there; the friend who picked me up lives in Groveland), and I remember seeing so many abandoned old buildings, all brick, all commercial, throughout the region when I lived there.

IrelandBrady said...

This is a beautiful painting Debbie ... I admire you ability to paint structures!

Post a Comment