Thursday, October 4, 2012

Tentative - Painting of Apple and Pear

Tentative
Relationships Series
6 x 4 inches
acrylic on watercolor paper

I haven't added to this series in a few months and recent sales at the Topsfield Fair and West Village Provisions made me realize I only have maybe two remaining, so I had better do something about that! I always enjoy these little fruit and vegetable "portraits". Sometimes I start out with an idea, and try to set up the fruit accordingly. Other times I just like the composition - and the title pops into my head once the "personality" of the fruit has emerged. On these, the white of the paper is left untouched. I spot varnish only the painted areas and it seems almost as it the image is printed or somehow appliqued to the surface of the paper.

This piece is available unframed now through me and later in the month it will be at West Village Provisions in West Boxford, MA.
Tentative - $30 + $2.50 shipping in the US
(please contact me for international shipping)

No comments:

Post a Comment