Sunday, March 9, 2014

Out on the Town - Small Still Life Painting for Kitchen Decor

Out on the Town
4 x 4 inches
acrylic on cradled board

Back to some little still lifes, inspired by my FunADay Project at the beginning of this year. Some of my galleries have requested these little guys, in addition to more of the vintage game paintings, so you will see me going back and forth between these two themes for a while!

For some reason, my reds don't really scan well. There is a lot more depth to the colors on the apples than you can see in this picture. I really build the layers when I paint fruit. It always seems like it isn't going to work, but eventually as I keep adding layers, it eventually seems to come together with a lot of depth because of all the layers of color.

1 comment:

Magic Love Crow said...

Great painting Debbie ;o)

Post a Comment